ASSESSMENT OF PARKINSON DISEASE
Monitoring Parkinson's Disease patients
- External: Axxonet & Dr Walied Mowafi, Consultant Neurologist, Calderdale Hospital.
- One person in every 550 has PD in the UK; costing £2 billion annually
- PD is a chronic and progressive movement disorder, characterised by tremors, stiffness, slowness of movement and balance problems.
- PD patients have longer movement duration, smaller hand aperture and imbalance in force generation.
- Current patient assessment relies on subjective application of clinical criteria which is costly, time consuming and requires specialist clinicians
- With Axxonet, developing a glove to reliably and cheaply for personalised monitoring of tremor, movement, and grasp.
PEOPLE: Dr Sareen Galbraith & Prof Dorothy Monekosso